Friday, July 8, 2011

Easy Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce

I made this a couple nights ago and we enjoyed it! Such an easy way to pull together a meal and the crockpot gives it a slow-cooked taste.

Here are a couple tips:
Use an old-fashioned potato masher to break up the meat and whole tomatoes after they have cooked for a little while.

Don't add spaghetti noodles to the crockpot like I did. The mixture seemed a bit watery to me. But doing this made the noodles very mushy after only 15 minutes or so. Cook them separately.

Strain the diced tomatoes so that the mixture isn't too watery. I like thicker tomato sauce though. :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Alli,
I made a variation of this last night. Cooked on low all night. Added fresh garlic and basil before church. So nice to come back home and put together lunch fast. YUM!!

Alli Byers said...

YAY! Don't you just love your crockpot? :)

Followers