Sunday, January 24, 2010

White Bean & Chicken Soup


Tonight I was trying to clean out the pantry and try to make something that was at least semi-healthy, too. I ended up throwing this one together and it turned out a lot better than I thought it would. The chicken was really tender and yummy.

Here is the "recipe":

In a crockpot combine:
3 whole, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. mild salsa (or hot, if you desire)
1 can cannellini beans, undrained
1 tbsp. taco seasoning

Heat on low for 5-6 hours in crockpot. Shred chicken breasts with two forks. Garnish with shredded cheddar, if desired.

Note: This recipe is very versatile, so feel free to add frozen, canned or fresh vegetables of your choice. I just didn't have a whole lot of them in the house tonight, or else I would have. :)

No comments:

Followers