Monday, January 6, 2014

BBQ Meatballs (freezer-friendly!)

I made a few changes to this recipe- it's very versatile! So add in what you and your family like and don't like.

Here are my changes:

Ground turkey instead of beef
Only made half the amount listed- cut everything by 1/2
Omitted onion
Added about 1/2 teaspoon onion powder

BBQ Sauce--
You don't need that much brown sugar- I only used around 1/2 cup.

I pre-cooked the outside of the meatballs in a pan before roasting in the oven. I found that the first time I made them, I put them straight into the oven and the drippings were kinda gross. So I avoided that by pre-cooking the next batch in a pan. Then, transferred them to the oven for about 15 minutes and then adding the sauce for the last 5 minutes.

Hope you give these a try!!

http://moneysavingmom.com/2012/05/4-weeks-to-fill-your-freezer-barbecued-meatballs-day-11.html#_a5y_p=947585

2 comments:

Erin said...

What's in the sauce other than brown sugar? Or is that it?

Alli Byers said...

No, the sauce recipe is on the link at the bottom of the post. It also has ketchup, garlic powder and optional liquid smoke. :)

Followers