Friday, December 24, 2010

Mile-High Lasagna

I have to preface this by saying this probably isn't very low-calorie- but I don't make this type of meal very often. :) But you could do several things to this to make it healthier. Ex: ground turkey, low fat cheese

I made this for the first time tonight for our Christmas get-together with my Dad's side. This was pretty delicious, although mine didn't end up near "a mile high" like the title says - haha!

Here are my changes:
Omitted the onion- didn't miss it
Used a shredded mix of Italian cheeses in between the layers (I bought two bags of this and it was barely enough for the two loaf pans)

Didn't see how it was possible to use all of the lasagna noodles. We did two pans and had a ton leftover. We probably could have gotten by with only one box. The San Marzano tomatoes are really delicious! Most grocery stores carry this now and I think it's worth the little bit extra you pay.

I love how Rachael Ray puts a video on her website to show you how to make each recipe. Very helpful!

No comments:

Followers