Saturday, December 18, 2010

Smoky Roasted Eggplant Marinara with Spaghetti Squash



If you haven't ever tried spaghetti squash, I recommend it! This is such an easy and fun recipe! The squash half is actually your spaghetti "bowl" in this recipe. The only hard part for me was splitting the squash down the middle with a knife. But after that was done, and I scooped out the seeds, it was so simple!

You roast the squash cut-side down on a cookie sheet for 45 minutes. Then, you scrape down the insides with a fork to make it look like spaghetti. I also roasted large slices of peeled eggplant next to it for about 30 minutes. I opted out of roasting the red bell pepper garlic and didn't miss it. I just added garlic to my tomatoes. After the eggplant was done, I chopped it into bite-sized pieces and added it to the tomatoes on the stove. And topped it with parmesan cheese. I served it with some whole-grain garlic bread!
Delicious- and SO filling. I had to save half of my bowl for the next day's lunch. A great vegetarian meal - and I didn't miss the meat at all!

No comments:

Followers