Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mixed Veggie Pasta Salad

So tonight I sort of threw this dinner together because I had a fresh bunch of asparagus that I need to use. I'm trying to make more meatless meals lately. I think this will become a regular one around here during the warmer months. I used the following recipe as inspiration....


Here are my changes:
Used whole grain penne instead of plain
Used yellow cherry tomatoes- I think they are sweeter than red.
Omitted the red onion and peppers
Added fresh spinach- didn't have basil
Used regular Italian dressing, some olive oil and parmesan cheese to dress it.

I grilled the asparagus on my indoor grill just with some olive oil spray and garlic salt for about 5-7 minutes. I let it cool and then cut into bite sized pieces. This was the only cooking involved besides the pasta. SO easy and fast! We will definitely have to have this again this summer when it's 100+ degrees outside!! Give this one a try and add or delete as you wish.

2 comments:

Keelie said...

What a great blog!! So glad I finally got on here;)

Saw that you have about 100 days till baby--SO exciting! HOpe you are feeling great and getting everything ready. The fun is about to begin!!

Keelie

Alli Byers said...

Thanks, Keelie! You're too sweet! Your blogs blow mine away though! Thanks for posting :)

Followers