Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sliced Steak Salad w/ "Bloody Mary" Vinaigrette

I made this last night and we both really enjoyed this. It's SUPER simple but very yummy! Personally, I don't eat a ton of red meat on a regular basis. But if you choose a lean cut of beef for this, I think it can be a pretty healthy choice (once in a while!) Really loved the different flavors in this and the only time consuming part of this recipe is the cooking of the steak... so start it a little early if you can. I was using an indoor grill like Rachael used on the show.

Oh, and for the non-drinkers out there- no worries- there is no alcohol in the "bloody mary" vinaigrette! :)

My changes:
Couldn't find horseradish so I left it out- didn't miss it.
Omitted the parsley and endive (endive is a little pricy)
Added minced garlic and 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds to the dressing
Used green olives- had never heard of caperberries- have any of you??

No comments:

Followers