Friday, March 18, 2011

Cauliflower with Carrot "Cheese" Sauce

I saw this on Rachael Ray and decided I had to give it a try. I remember watching this guy- "The Galloping Gourmet" when I was a kid and remember how funny he was-- and still is. When I saw him on this episode of RR, he said he's recently decided to make a real change in the way he cooks and make things a lot healthier. This is a great alternative to using "Cheez Whiz" on your cauliflower and/or broccoli. That stuff is loaded with all kinds of preservatives and fat. Check out the nutrition facts of this recipe at the bottom of the link- Very impressive, I thought.

Hope you'll give this a try....

My suggestion:
Do not turn your burner very high when steaming your carrots w/ the evaporated milk. It will make a horrible brown crust on the inside of your pan! Not fun to clean up!


No comments:

Followers