Friday, August 27, 2010

Cheesy Chicken Salsa Skillet

I just made this tonight and it was a really easy and flavorful! I made a couple of changes that I thought added more flavor to the original recipe. I love these Kraft recipes online because they even have how-to videos posted where the lady makes the recipe so these are just about fool-proof. I also liked this because it is a nice alternative to most Mexican dishes which are typically high in fat and calories. It satisfied my craving for something Mexican while not having the extra fat and calories.

Here's what I added:
I can of fat-free black beans (added these right after the salsa)
I diced avocado sprinkled over the top after the cheese melted.
I omitted the green bell pepper but didn't miss it since we had the avocado. :)

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/cheesy-chicken-salsa-skillet-111246.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-rbe-_-20100826-_-1006

No comments:

Followers