Monday, August 23, 2010

Massaged Kale Salad

I saw this on Food Network on the brand new show, "Aarti Party." She is the new winner of The Next Food Network Star. This dish was in her first show. Her recipes usually have an Indian flavor to them. But this one really doesn't, I don't think. But it was very good! I don't think I've ever eaten kale - that I know of until tonight in this dish. It's very hearty and chewy. Definitely a healthy food!

I could only find regular kale at Kroger, not the black kale that she suggested. Even after massaging the kale with the lemon juice, olive oil and salt for 3 minutes, mine didn't seem to wilt very much like the recipe said it would. That was the only problem I had with this. The kale took up a lot of space in the salad bowl.

I omitted the pumpkin seeds because I couldn't find them. I meant to substitute slivered almonds, but forgot.
The mango flavor in this is fabulous! I had forgotten how much I loved mango. Will be buying more of those very soon!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aarti-sequeira/massaged-kale-salad-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Followers