Monday, January 3, 2011

Old-Fashioned Chicken and Dumplings

This was soooo yummy! We just finished dinner and I definitely think this is a keeper recipe! Perfect for when you aren't feeling well or on a very cold night.

Yay- I found a Paula Deen recipe that isn't horrible for you! Hahaha- sorry, no offense to Paula Deen fans- I'm actually one too, but I can't make a lot of her recipes very often.

I also got to use my brand new dutch oven I received for Christmas for the first time! Definitely felt like a homemaker using it tonight. :)

Here are my changes to Paula's recipe:
Omitted the onion
Used dried herbs instead of fresh- still had a lot of good flavor
Didn't strain out the vegetables, I kept them in. I did take out most of the liquid before adding the cream of celery soup.
For the dumplings- I used 2 cups of Bisquick mixed with about 1 cup of milk and dropped the mixture by tablespoonfuls. I let this cook on low for about 10 mintues uncovered and then 10 minutes covered.

Simply delicious!

No comments:

Followers