Sunday, January 9, 2011

Low-Fat Alfredo with Chicken and Vegetables

I made this tonight and it is a good alternative to a high-fat typical chicken alfredo. Bechumel sauce is soooo easy to make and so much better for you than alfredo sauce. I was disappointed when I realized I had accidentally left out the sun-dried tomatoes that were in the pantry. Oh well... it was pretty tasty anyway. I would suggest adding a little bit more parmesan cheese for flavor than what they call for.

My changes:
Skim milk instead of 2%- that's all I buy.
Instead of sauteing the veggies separately, I just added them to the bechumel sauce to cook.
Used whole-wheat linguine instead of fettucini- not a huge difference.

At the bottom of this recipe, check out the difference in fat, sodium and calories from the Olive Garden version to this one!!

No comments:

Followers