Monday, January 17, 2011

Portobello Cacciatore

I saw this on Rachael Ray last week and decided to give it a try. I have been wanting to eat more meat-free meals lately and thought this sounded delicious! And we really enjoyed this. I did, as almost always, make a few changes. And I have a few suggestions for anyone who wants to make this. I will list those below.

My changes:
Omitted: onion, cubanelle peppers, dried mushrooms (used fresh portobello and white), red pepper flakes, used fire-roasted diced tomatoes instead of stewed, butter

I suggest:
Not adding the entire quart of chicken or vegetable stock to this, as it calls for. It made my sauce too runny for my taste. I think maybe half a quart would be a good amount. Just my .02!

This was a very filling and flavorful dish and I didn't miss the meat at all!

No comments:

Followers