Friday, March 8, 2013

Green Lentil Soup with Coconut Milk

Found this recipe on Pinterest (where I find most of my recipes), and thought it looked so easy and perfect for our dietary restrictions right now. (Chris doesn't do well with dairy and we're trying to limit our meat right now.)

The coconut milk adds a nice creaminess without any dairy and if you get the light version, it is less calories. I put this recipe into My Fitness Pal's recipes and it said it was only 297 calories for one serving and this recipe makes four servings. Pretty good if you ask me! :)

Also, I love how cheap and nutritious lentils are! A bag of these at Kroger was 99 cents. Can't beat that! It was ready in about 35-40 minutes total.

My changes to this recipe:
Used three small shallots instead of an onion.
I had some leftover pureed sweet potato soup (about 2 cups worth) that was in a carton that I added to this so it wouldn't go to waste. Fit the flavor profile perfectly!
Added a tablespoon of parmesan to the top.

http://bigflavors.blogspot.com/2011/11/green-lentil-soup-with-coconut-milk-and.html?m=1

No comments:

Followers