Friday, March 5, 2010

Chocolate Cherry Upside Down Cake


I made this with Splenda instead of sugar and the recipe is already egg-free, so it was relatively healthy. The only sugar in it was in the cherry pie filling. The cake is very dense in texture and is very good with a glass of milk. I added some melted chocolate chips and drizzled that on top, as you can see. Definitely added some extra chocolate taste. I forgot to take the picture before I snuck a piece out of it-- oops!! :)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Cherry-Upside-Down-Cake/Detail.aspx

2 comments:

Catherine Walker said...

A lot of great recipes! I want to try some of these. I was glad to see these are healthy. Are you trying to start cooking healthier?

I put on the pounds in grad school, and lost a lot of muscle...my body fat was way high so my doctor said it was time to make some changes.

I lost some on my own, and am doing yoga one day a week. I kind of plateaued so I've started Jenny Craig, which I really like. But I need to learn some healthy recipes soon!

Alli Byers said...

Thanks, Catherine! Yes, I've been cooking healthier lately. I'm on a weight loss program called First Place 4 Health that meets at our church. It's similar to Weight Watchers but cheaper and Bible-based. :)

Followers