Monday, March 29, 2010

Recipes from "Now Eat This!" by Chef Rocco DiSpirito

The other day, I was watching The Doctors TV Show and the chef, Rocco DiSpirito made the two recipes listed below on there. Everyone that tasted them on the show seemed very convincing that they both tasted great. So I thought I would give them a try, especially since I am trying to eat healthy.

The first one I made were these brownies. They said the secret ingredient in them were black beans and everyone seemed to act like you couldn't taste them in there at all. Well, I definitely could. Maybe it's just my sensitive taste buds, I don't know. Chris thought the same thing when he ate them too. But they weren't half bad with a little drizzle of chocolate syrup and sugar-free Cool Whip on top! :-) I did like that they were sugar-free and had no flour.

The next one I tried were these cauliflower mashed "potatoes."
These I definitely thought were pretty good! Chris wasn't a huge fan, but I actually enjoyed them. They are definitely a nice alternative to all of the starch and carbs in real mashed potatoes. The Greek yogurt adds a very nice creaminess and tang to the dish. They would have been a lot smoother if I actually owned a food processor. I had to use a hand blender thingy to try to mash them.

Anyway, let me know any of you try these. I'd like to hear your thoughts! :)

No comments:

Followers