Friday, October 29, 2010

Roasted Butternut Squash-YUM!

Man, I love this time of year with all of the yummy squash and pumpkin dishes! This is soooo delicious and just the right about of sweetness that I had it for dessert tonight haha! This is so simple, but soooo good! The only hard part about it was cutting open the squash. I used my largest knife and it still took some extra muscle. Too bad Chris wasn't home when I was making it! This comes out of the oven so soft that it falls apart. (I cooked mine for one hour at 400, just to make sure it was completely done.) I will definitely make this again at some point.

Here are my changes:
I only used one large butternut squash instead of three and cut it into three lengthwise sections.
I used brown sugar instead of maple syrup on top of the squash (about 2 tablespoons)

No comments:

Followers