Thursday, October 7, 2010

Slow Cooker Pesto Spinach Lasagna


I made this the day after Chris and I returned from Japan, because I was reeeeally craving Italian food after all of the Japanese for two weeks! This definitely hit the spot. :)

My only changes:
Used all low-fat cheeses instead of the regular kind- used grated instead of sliced mozzarella.
Didn't use quite as much pesto as they ask for since it has a lot of oil.

This didn't take very long at all to cook in my crockpot. So I wouldn't recommend setting it and going to work the entire day. It would probably be burnt when you returned. Mine only took about 4-5 hours on low (but I have a very hot crockpot.)

I served this with some leftover fresh spinach that I had as a salad-- very simple- I combined spinach, sliced Fuji apples, sliced almonds and raisins. Then I tossed it with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, salt and pepper. Simple, but oh, so good!

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2010/09/slow-cooker-pesto-spinach-lasagna.html

No comments:

Followers