Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Crockpot Cranberry Pork Roast

We had this for dinner tonight-- and this is a keeper, y'all! This is so tender and juicy that I just used a fork to get the meat out of the crockpot onto my plate- YUM!
I think this would be a great dish for holiday get-togethers as well and it requires very little prep work.

I put my fresh cranberries in a small pot with about 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup cranberry juice and let it come to a boil for about 5-10 minutes. Then, I mashed the cranberries with a potato masher slightly. I poured this on top of the meat after I had put my savory ingredients onto the meat.

I think the next time I make this, I might omit the lemon slices. I didn't think they were needed as the cranberries were tart enough. But still, VERY good!

I served this with whole-wheat couscous that had golden raisins in it and green beans. Delicious!

No comments:

Followers