Monday, November 8, 2010

Lightened Up Creamed Spinach

I made this the other day as a side for dinner. I believe we had it with grilled chicken and this is really delicious, folks!! I will be making this again! The Boursin Light cheese is the key ingredient. I used fresh spinach, but next time, I will probably use the frozen, thawed and drained kind. Either that, or I will buy TWO bags of the fresh kind. One bag was not enough if you don't half the amount of sauce used since spinach wilts down so much when added to the sauce.

Also, when it says to reduce heat to low before adding milk, I actually disagree with this. Mine worked better with the heat turned UP. It helps the milk to thicken up when added to the flour. Make sure to use a whisk when doing this to break up any lumps that the flour creates. This dish came together very fast- it was ready before our chicken had finished grilling on the grill. :)

This would be a great addition to any special occasion or date night at home!

No comments:

Followers