Friday, April 16, 2010

Italian Roast Chicken w/ Orange and Oregano

I saw this on the Rachael Ray show and thought I should try it since all of the ingredients are so simple and accessible. I skipped the crusty bread with garlic that she put on there just because I need to watch my carbs and Italian bread is such a big temptation for me :)

The only complaints I had about this was that the skin of the chicken turned out pretty burnt on top (presumably from the honey) and you really couldn't taste the orange and oregano flavors in the meat. But, luckily the meat did turn out pretty juicy and tender.

I just used regular honey because I didn't want to buy the special orange blossom honey just for this one meal. Honestly, you might want to skip the honey altogether since it made my chicken skin burn.

The look of this dish is very pretty and your house will smell wonderful for hours after it's done. :)

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/italian-roast-chicken-orange-and-oregano/

No comments:

Followers