Monday, April 26, 2010

Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken

I made this tonight for dinner and turned it into soft chicken tacos and Chris and I both really enjoyed them! I didn't have cayenne so I omitted that. I added about a teaspoon of cumin since I was making them into tacos. And I cut the chicken breasts into strips before putting the spices on and putting them into the skillet. Very flavorful! Will definitely make this again!


Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken


INGREDIENTS FOR RUB:

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/8 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/8 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon dried thyme

1/4 teaspoon dried parsley

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves


1 tablespoon butter

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 teaspoons garlic powder

3 tablespoons lime juice




DIRECTIONS

In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley. Sprinkle spice rub mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts. (I usually use a little less salt, and double the rest of the spices so there is plenty to coat the chicken)


Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce.


No comments:

Followers