Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Campbell's Crockpot Chicken and Rice

I can't remember where I got this recipe since it was quite a while back, but I made this for the first time tonight and this was pretty tasty. And of course, as with most crockpot recipes, SOOOO easy! The chicken was falling apart when I took it out.

My only changes were:
Margarine instead of butter- and only about 2 tablespoons
Low-sodium version of the chicken gumbo soup
Only used three chicken breasts
Even though it said not to stir, after 2-3 hours of cooking, I stirred and everything still turned out great!

Campbell's Chicken and Rice in Crockpot


1 box Uncle Ben's Wild Rice
2 cans Campbell's Chicken Gumbo Soup
2 cans water
4 - 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 TBLS butter melted
Spray crock pot with nonstick spray, pour in box of rice, pour melted butter over rice, place chicken breasts on top of rice, pour soup and water over chicken, sprinkle season packet from rice on top - don't stir, cover and cook on low for about 6 hours.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive