Friday, July 2, 2010

Healthified Cocoa Squares (aka Brownies!)

I made these for the ladies in my First Place class on Wednesday night and I think they were a hit!

My only change was to substitute sugar-free applesauce for the canola oil. You couldn't tell the difference at all. They were very moist and chewy. The shredded zucchini and mashed banana added some extra fiber and nutrients to the mixture. I sprinkled the top of them with powdered sugar but it had all dissolved by the time I drove them up to the church. But it added a little extra sweetness. I will definitely be making these again in the future!

The recipe says these are only 140 calories each, but I'm sure with the applesauce instead of oil, they are less than that.

Cocoa Squares Recipe

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive