Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lower-Fat "Fried" Chicken w/ Creamy Gravy

I made this tonight and it was pretty good. Definitely didn't have a fried taste at all. My only complaint about the directions is that they tell you to cook the chicken for quite a while and that really wasn't necessary. Mine was done in about 25 minutes since you put a lid on it for a while. Don't know why they said to cook it for so long.
Also, don't use very much flour at all in the gravy. I accidentally did and it made it super thick and sort of gelatin-like. It tasted decent but the texture was driving me crazy. I had never thought to use evaporated skim milk in gravy before. Very smart idea!

I served this with Ore Ida Steam 'n Mash potatoes and green beans. It was a great combo!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive