Sunday, February 3, 2013

Fast & Filling Homemade Oatmeal

Personally,  I don't really like instant oatmeal packets. They never really fill me up and have a lot of added sugar. So, I have been making my own using quick oats on the stove. And it's so fast!

Here's what I usually do, but of course it can be changed up to suit your tastes.

In a saucepan, combine:
1/2 cup Quaker quick oats
1 cup almond milk
1/8 cup raisins
1 packet Turbinado sugar (Sugar in the Raw)
1 small banana, sliced

Stir and heat on high for 2-3 minutes or so to thicken while breaking down the bananas. This always really fills me up and it's good to get a hearty breakfast in the morning to help you not snack as much during the day. With this breakfast, you get a whole grain, dairy (if you use real milk), and a fruit.

No comments:

Followers