Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sugar and Flour Free Raw Brownies!

These were delicious!!! A GREAT way to satisfy a sweet tooth or a chocoholic, like myself! It's best if you have a food processor for this recipe. I actually used our Ninja blender but a regular blender that only has blades on the very bottom probably would not work well. (Just my 2 cents!)

The dates are the secret ingredient- they are naturally very sweet and sticky and make the dough come together- they're nature's candy!

This link also has a recipe for a peanut butter version which I haven't tried yet but probably will. :)

The recipe is below at the link, but here are my suggestions--

Obviously, make sure you get all the pits out of your dates first.
Also, the next time I make this I will probably use about 1/4 cup of cocoa powder instead of 1/3 cup. It was a little overpowering.
Make sure you add about 2-3 tablespoons of water to pull the dough together. This is very important!

Hope you enjoy these!

http://triumphwellness.com/healthy-sugar-free-cookies/

No comments:

Followers